Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Thing

After grumbling about my affair with glass for almost a year, a few weeks ago Simon announced (relevant to nothing we were talking about), "You know, if you mosaicked something GOOD, I would like it a lot more." Well, what IS good? What EXACTLY would you like to see done with glass mosaics? After a brief pitter-pattering of him scurrying up to one of his secret spaces (a box in out our closet) back he came with a midewy, tattered, comic. "THIS!" he declared, opening the page to this:


What the hell is that? So, after some long hours of Marvel-lore explanation (who knew?) I was given my instructions: spare no expenses making a super-fabulous, super-sized replication of this picture. After stewing this over for some days, I have decided to go with a 48" x 48" sheet of plexiglass (I had no idea how expensive large sheets of plaxiglass are), I'll frame it, and then backlight it so the light shines through the glass. Yeah, it will weigh a LOT. Here is my inspiration:

No comments: