Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Latest Project

Again, I wanted to do something really big--this is a 2' x 4' wall hanging. (What the hell will I do with these things? I have not a clue.) I liked the idea of doing a traditional still life (our mosaic art class was sharing a room with beginning drawing, and they were doing the standard fruit/vases thing I remember doing in 8th grade art). In retrospect I don't know why I wanted to do this, but I'm seeing it through. Here is the fruit bowl part:


And here is a closeup of some of the roses in the vase (which isn't pictured here).

I've decided to to a modified check table cloth in the foreground and a bluey/turquoise/citrony green background--which, I am guessing, will take quite a bit of time since the pieces I am using for this are about 2 mm x 2mm each. (On the table, they were about 3/4" x 1/2".)

No comments: