Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Getting the Plaid Done

Here I am just getting started on the plaid pattern that will be in the foreground of the piece. I decided to start on the middle color, the light yellow and get all those done first. The diagonal line was to indicate a fold in the fabric and I thought at the time that a light orange would go well with the darker yellow.
Here I am almost done with the mid-yellows. This is really tedious, much less pleasant than doing the flowers or the fruit. (The fruit was the most fun--perhaps because it is food related or because the vivid red and green are so nice to look at.)
This is where I am as of last night--the mid-yellows are done, the orange lines are gone (see pile of rejected orange bits at top right of photo) and have been replaced with very dark yellow. I'm almost done with the dark yellow--only one patch remains to be finished, just to the left of the fruit platter. I am going to complete the remaining patches with a soft/ivory white. The dark yellow glass was "crap glass" (a term that someone in my art class came up with to describe glass that doesn't cut cleanly, but shatters instead) so I will be very glad to be done with it. The ivory glass is great--it cuts cleanly and effortlessly.


MEANWHILE the plexiglass for The Thing still has not arrived, and Simon is getting restless.

No comments: