Saturday, November 1, 2008

Flint Craft Fair Coming Up

The annual December Flint City Craft Fair is coming up and I am thinking about going to it. I have an annoying compulsion for felting old unwearable sweaters and turning them into little bags, coin purses, ipod or phone holders, or whatever. Which is weird, considering that I would never use such a thing. Here are a few. (On top of glass.) The Craft Fair itself is quite a strange experience. Last year, the doors (of The Lunch Studio, in downtown Flint) opened at 10 am and there was a CRUSH of people waiting to get in--the fact that it was 20 below outside MAY have had something to do with it but they did gather in downtown Flint on a Saturday which is not normally something that ANYONE does. I really don't like having people stare at or comment on things I have made. But I do like getting rid of these things (otherwise what the hell else would I do with them?) and making a healthy profit is always nice.

No comments: