Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hulky Pants

Finally, I have the hands, feet and pants done. The pants were quite fun to do. I wanted to have the glass look like fabric stretching across muscles. So I cut the pieces into little trapezoids which made it possible to line them up in a gentle arc. That way, they had a clean line across each leg like woven fabric but they were curving, so now it looks like the leg is thick and rounded, not flat.

I've been putting off the face for as long as possible but feeling confident yesterday (listening to Flight of the Conchords, "Bret, You've Got It Going On" and "If You're Into It" was a big help) I decided to get serious and get it started. It's a real pisser, because not only are the spaces very, very small, but if they line up wrong, then once it is grouted it will not look like muscles being flexed but a 2-D solid that has been shattered. I don't like going to the dentist (am 5 months overdue for the 6 month cleaning) and am saving the teeth for last.

Once I finish the teeth, I can get to work on The Thing. Right now, all he has is a pair of tiny underpants. I think it's time he got some dignity.

No comments: