Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Thing and more

I was putting off chipping off the tentacles for months because it just seemed too depressing to undo 30-odd hours of work. But, today seemed like a good day for destruction and I went at it. I expected it to be slow and tedious but, as the saying goes, with the right tool any job is easy. And for this job, the right tool was a big ass screwdriver. I chipped off the glass pieces in about five minutes. This left me sitting amongst several hundred glass shards but the art process cannot be tamed! I finished the ground (brown and black glass) in just a few hours and here it is. I'm actually toying with the idea of not including any impact lines--gasp!!!--but just finished with a frame in black glass and the frosted shattered glass for the background. The idea is frighteningly tempting because it would save dozens of hours of work.

No comments: