Monday, June 1, 2009

Flint Institute of Art Art Show--June 2 to June 30

Here is the finished version, (tentatively) titled: Broken Glass Inside. I just finished it and schlepped it up into our bedroom to be used as a clothes horse (what ARE you supposed to do with clothes that have been worn once and so should not be rehung in the closet but that do not actually qualify as dirty and therefore needing to be put in the hamper?) when I got the word that it was wanted for an art show at the FIA. The show is featuring "The Figure" and, although this was never intended to have a human form, most people think it is a female human abdomen (indeed while I was working on it several women leaned into it and caressed it--longing for those long ago but not forgotten "baby bumps", perhaps?). Works for me! So off it went, back down the stairs, back into the car (strapped in, of course) and back to the FIA. The reception is on June 9th. (When I asked Simon if he wanted to attend with me, his only question was, "Will there be snacks?" Yes. "Then I'll be there.")

No comments: