Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Nautilus

Mosaics class ended and not too surprisingly I didn't finish The Nautilus. But I did get some decent work done and it is possible to see where this is all going. I hope to finish the red/orange/cream part of the shell and then will work on the backdrop once the next class session starts.
I have decided to chip off the tentacles and start again. Not only are they moving in the wrong direction (they will start in the shell and wiggle off to the lower right corner) but I decided that I want to make the tentacles creamy yellow/pinkish/whitish instead of the blue/green/purple that I have now. I want to have the blue/purple for the background. I chipped off one piece, and that only took about five seconds so, if you multiply that by about 300 pieces, I should get the old tentacles cleared away before I die of old age.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK. I'm not commenting.

xM

Jami Anderson said...

I'm done with my semester now so I can actually really think and write about this stuff. I haven't done any work on this since bringing it home (why does Simon insist that we watch movies or shows together in the evening instead of letting me sit in the basement by myself and play with glass and/or clay? Very inconsiderate of him. And never mind the kids. But I taught my last winter semester class yesterday so I am free, FREE--except for finals, annual self-report, staff reports, post requests, budget reconciliations... Hmmm. I'm not free at all. But I feel free and that's all that matters.